Bible Passage(s): Habakkuk 3:17 - 19
Memory Verse: “Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy ''. Psalm 59:17
As we pass through the days and the months of year 2015 and gradually move towards the end of it, the Lord wants to bring us a message of hope and reassurance this month of August. The year, thus far has been quite eventful for our nation Nigeria and indeed for us individually and collectively.
This year, our nation, Nigeria changed from one civilian democratic government to another. A sitting government was replaced by the opposition party without a whimper! The menace of Boko Aram, temporarily abated only to rear its ugly head again! Almost 90% of State governments in Nigeria are broke, some owing salaries of civil servants for many months! In some cases up to 12 months! The private companies are not faring any better. Many are laying off their staffs in droves. There is despair and turmoil in the land! People's lives have gone into overdrive. Families are left without money and are not able to afford the basic necessities of life. There appears to be no hope in the horizon!
However, despite all these, the word of the Lord comes to encourage us this month from the book of Habakuk, our reference scripture: ''Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.'' Hab 3:17-18 NIV
The Lord is indeed our strength and defence. In the face of hopelessness, He brings hope. In the face of despair he renews our strength. He is the Lord of our mercy. Though we presently face tribulations, He will come to save us. He will grant us patience, hope and we will not be ashamed; knowing that our hope is based on nothing else, but Jesus Christ and His righteousness. We stand on the solid rock, which is Jesus Christ our Lord, we shall not be moved or cast down.
Therefore, my brethren, let us renew our hope and faith in the Lord, He is the Lord who says and will accomplish all that He has said and promised. He will pull us through. Songs of joy will once again reverberate through our mouths and we shall rejoice. The Lord will turn around our captivity. And when He does our hearts shall be glad! It is well with our souls. Have a good month.
Prayer Points for the month
1. Thank the Lord for bringing you to the month of August. Despite all the woes and cries, He has seen you through. He is worthy to be glorified.
2. Pray using Psalm 126. Ask the Lord to turn around your captivity and that of our nation Nigeria. Ask the Lord to make you rejoice this month and all the days of your life.
3. Pray that He will grant you strength, that you will not faint. That He will provide for you in a miraculous way.
4. Ask that our God will send help to you and that this month, you shall not be left without comfort.
5. Pray that the Lord will be your shield and defense. That He will be the God of your mercy. That His steadfast love will not come to an end in your life, but rather, it will be renewed every morning and His faithfulness shall abound in your life.
6. Pray to the Lord, that throughout this month, He will cause songs of laughter to be on your lips and not those of woe, in Jesus mighty name.
President, Grace Leadership Foundation.
Saturday 1, August 2015