Monday 1, February 2016
Hold Your Peace!
Bible Passage(s): Exodus 14
Memory Verse: "And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:13-14
The story of the children of Israel as they commenced their journey from Egypt to the promised land is very apt for this season and the second month of the year 2016. As the children of Israel left Egypt, it soon dawned on Pharaoh and the Egyptians the implication of letting them go! They asked themselves in verses 5 and 6: "Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?" Then they pursued them with 'six hundred choice chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt with captains over every one of them.' This in a bid to get them back into slavery in Egypt.
When the children of Israel saw the Egyptians approaching them and looking in front, they saw the Red Sea looming large before them; they panicked and were afraid! They cried out to the Lord in fear and complained against Moses, saying why did he not leave them back in their enslavement in Egypt and brought them to perish in the wilderness. But Moses calmed their fears and assured them as recorded in verses 13 and 14: "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today.
For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."
Many a times we are also faced with the same situation. God, having delivered us from bondage and assured us severally in His Word and revelations, with signs and wonders, we are still afraid to take the plunge! Just like the children of Israel, we fear the unknown and become restless because of the physical conditions staring us in the face! Remember that the Lord has declared this year that we will be at peace and dwell in safety. Again this month, He is reassuring us not to panic because of the physical circumstances that may be confronting us and the fear of the unknown.
He wants us to hold our peace, be focussed on him as He will fight the battles of year 2016 for us. He says the 'Egyptians'; those physical or spiritual manifestations that are giving us worries and sleepless nights, we will see them no more. All we have to do is to remain steadfast, follow after His leading and prompting. Take a step of faith, like Moses stretched out his rod over the Red Sea and the sea was parted, letting the children of Israel pass through on dry land! Those 'Egyptians', who will attempt to follow after you through the pathway that God has opened for you into your destiny will drown in the 'Red Sea' after you. They will not follow you into your promised land in Jesus mighty name.
So hold fast, stand still, hold your peace and see the salvation of the Lord that He will accomplish in your life this year. It is well with you in Jesus mighty name. Amen
May the Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen. Have a wonderful month and a good year.
1. Thank the Lord for the word of reassurance that He has brought to you this month. He has said in His Word that the thoughts He has towards us are thoughts of good and not of evil, to bring us to expected end, which He has designed for us. Thank him greatly for this and pray that He will guide your footsteps to your expected end; your promised land, where your soul will be satisfied in drought and you will dwell safely and in peace.
2. Commit the new month, February, into His hands and ask Him to lead you by His mighty hand. That you will not falter nor take a wrong step. Ask Him to guide you in all your ways.
3. Commit your actions and utterances into the hand of the Lord, this month. Ask Him to guide your mouth and give you what to say under every situation. That you will not commit yourself wrongly with your mouth this month.
4. Pray that this will be an especially good month for you and members of your family. Ask that all the devil has stolen from you the Lord will restore a thousand and a million fold.
5. Pray for your country and ask that the Lord will restore the times for good for her. That He will turn around the captivity of your nation and cause the people to rejoice, praising His name forever.
6. Pray for our world and ask that the Lord will have mercy on the nations of the world. Particularly those in which there is terrorism, war, famine and hunger. Pray that the Lord will turn the hearts of our leaders back to Him so that He will save our world.
President, Grace Leadership Foundation.
Monday 1, February 2016