Sunday 1, March 2015
Bible Passage(s): Jude
Memory Verse: "Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.'' Jude 3
Our world and indeed our nations are in crisis and also the church of God. We do not need any prophet to tell us that indeed the end time is upon us. What then are we to do as children of God?
This is the time for believers to rise up and contend for the faith that has been entrusted to us. Jude, the half brother of our Lord, Jesus Christ wrote the scripture reference for this month's message. He wrote at a time like this, when many are distorting the truth of Jesus Christ and are defecting from the faith. It is time for us to stand up for the truth of the Word of God. We've got to stand up for the reality of our faith. Let's stop playing church, running our personal agenda.
Indeed the devil is on a rampage in the world and he will not respect you if you do not stand up against him. The church must rise up at this time and be counted. Let the world know you for what you are and what you have! The Bible says there will come a time when the unbeliever will want what you've got! But if you listen to some Christians talk, you will not want they have!!! The world will want what you've got when you demonstrate the love and the power of the God you serve!
This reminds me of that great hymn by Frederick W. Faber, 'Faith of our Fathers'. The third stanza in particular challenges us to the reality of our times.
Faith of our fathers, we will strive
To win all nations unto thee;
And through the truth that comes from God
Mankind shall then indeed be free.
Faith of our fathers! holy faith!
We will be true to thee till death!
Frederick W. Faber
This song very apt for our situation in Nigeria, especially in the Northern part, where politicians have used Islam to unleash unprecedented terror on Christians and churches, yet we have not heard that the faithfuls are recanting. I believe that at the end, the gate of hell will crumble, Christ's reign will be established in all nations, even Nigeria, Amen. Our faith is a holy faith and not a terror faith.
In closing please consider this. One, we've got to learn to live by faith - that is the mark of the believer! The just shall live by faith, Without faith it's impossible to please God. Let's live by faith. And two, forgiveness is key. The greatest message the Church could offer is forgiveness. The biggest lesson of the cross is forgiveness!
Therefore, as we go to the polls this month to elect new leaders for our nation, let's hand over all to our God and ask Him to choose for us.
The Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, now and forevermore. Amen.
Prayers for the Month
1. Pray that the lord will choose the right leaders after His heart for our nation Nigeria. Note that leadership is a collective responsibility. We need the right set of leaders; from the executive, down to the legislature.
2. Ask the Lord for leaders that will have the true interest of the nation and the common man at heart. Not those with selfish, personal agenda. Remember, if the righteous rule, the people will rejoice, but when the wicked are in authority, the people will groan.
3. Pray against violence, before, during and after the elections. That there will be no shedding of innocent blood during these times.
4. Pray that the Lord will bring total peace and tranquility upon our nation after the elections and that the people will accept the verdict to move the nation forward. Ask the Lord to frustrate those who are desperate to win at all cost and are already planning to cause mayhem if they lose.
5. Pray, as you go out to cast your vote, that the Lord will guide you to pick the right and best candidates. Note that no one gets into authority, except appointed by God, pray again for the Lord to appoint the right leaders for us.
President, Grace Leadership Foundation.
Sunday 1, March 2015
This month, the Lord will contend with those who contend with you. He will fight your battles and songs of victory will fill your mouth in Jesus name.